Cancer Community
hard lump on upper rib
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hard lump on upper rib

hello

am 21 years old and have a question, but here is my story first:
I after I got married (3.5 years ago) my huband noticed a hard lump on my 1st or second rib (its the one between colorbone and breast).
I went to a house doctor and he just told me that I probably bruised my rib (he did not take an xray).
It never hurt and I stopped paying attention to it.
Now 3 years later the lump is still there, and I sometimes feel presure on that rib (its not pain though).
I am to scarred to go to a doctor evan though I know I should,
could that be bone caner for so long????? PLEASE SEND SOME ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!

sorry if there are spelling mistakes, I am german national and try to learn how to write still am 21 years old and have a question, but here is my story first:
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
322973_tn?1239908038
Hi Alice,
It is very unlikely that the lump you noticed 3 years ago in your rib is bone cancer. Osteosarcomas, Ewings sarcomas, and other bone cancers are more aggressive and fast-growing. Also, they occur more commonly in children and adolescents.
I think your doctor is right that some trivial injury as a more likely cause.
Just to put your mind at ease, you could visit a doctor, and get an xray taken. It will reassure you.
Blank
That is utter tripe Bobby. It could very well be cancer, as in Osteosarcoma patients are always diagnosed late--sometimes 3 or 4 years after noticing a swelling. Mainly because doctors never do a scan. The bad thing is the survival chances decrease as each year goes by without being diagnosed. If you have a lump on a bone, get it scanned!!
Blank
Hi,

Has the lump increased in size in these 3 years?
If it were due an injury it would have healed by now. It is advisable that you schedule an appointment with a doctor at your earliest and undergo a clinical examination and possibly some tests like X ray and CT scan.
Blank
I have the SAME THING in the exact SAME SPOT on the rib between my collar bone and breast. I also have a super weird bump on my hyoid bone (right in the middle of my neck). I keep getting all of these flu like symptoms and like yeast infections and I feel fatigued fast. I thought I had mono. But I never seem to get better and my white blood count is neither high nor low so it isn't an infection or a virus. And I've been coughing up like a white foamy mucus and it could be thrush? But like did you ever figure out what you had?
What could I have does anyone know??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank