Cancer Community
haze in lungs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

haze in lungs

6490634?1293583211
I have been in n out of the hospitals every week with numonia, n i always bring up blood first, they cant find where the bloods coming from. i can hear a gargle squirt sounds coming up out of my throat, n then i spit out red red blood,im scared,what can it be? plz help,is it cancer? I do a lung biopsy tomarrow, if its cancer it wil spread, right?
You should relax first. When someone has pneumonia they may cough up a little blood. The gargling is fluid in the lungs. This is called edema. Edema caused by pneumonia isn't uncommon and is definately able to be treated and cured with the help of your physician. One thing you can do to help yourself is to avoid exhausting yourself. If you're a smoker, stop now. Smoking will make things much worse. Also, avoid the presence of anyone else who is smoking. DO NOT allow your friends and family to smoke anywhere near you. Anything that may upset your lungs needs to be avoided. Your doctor may give you oxygen to assist your breathing and manage the edema. Depending on the reason you have it there are a number of things that can assist to get rid of it.
If you're worried about cancer, only your doctor can diagnose that. But before a lung biopsy, your doctor will take an x-ray to make sure he needs to do one first. There is no need to believe that the cancer will spread. Most cancers can be controlled or treated and even cured. So again, relax first. Your doctor will do everything he or she can.
To assist with the coughing up blood, avoid the cold. Taking a bath will help to loosen up your lungs a little bit and relax you. You may want to drink a warm minty tea to help open your bronchial passages. This often helps with asthmatic symptoms and may assist you as well.
Hope this helps.