hip lesions
Hi I have had hip pain for quite a while,I Im a 38  years old female. Last week we did xrays, Mri, bone scan all came back with hip lesions.  My Dr. sent me to a orthopedic Dr.   She said there were lesions on my hip which was confirmed by the ortho. Dr.  He said he wanted to rule out bursitius(spelling?) so he injected my hip. He said  if I still have pain in 2 weeks I need to come back then he will send me to a bone cancer specialist, If not come back in a month and he is going to xray it again to see if there is any change.. My question is if there is any concern of bone cancer why did he inject it?  And why don't I see a specialist right away instead of waiting?   Should I get a second opinion?  

This discussion is related to Bone Lesion/Bone Bruise.
As he said, he wants to rule out bursitis before sending you to an oncologist, which means that he suspects bursitis rather than cancer. If it turns out to be cancer, two weeks won't make much difference anyway. But if you would like to get a second opinion, go ahead.
Thank you,  Its been 5 days and there is still pain there not in the spot he injected but other places.  I'll wait the 2 weeks and hope it goes away.
Thanks again,
Jill
I am curious to as your outcome. I have a friend who is experiencing the exact thing you describe happen to her. She has had problems for a year now--off and on. After repeat PT, injections, etc., they are ordering a bone scan and referring her to a ortho cancer specialist.