Cancer Community
i have questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

i have questions

i was just diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma with hyalinization and necrosis. can u please tell me hyalinization is or means? can u please tell me what necrosis is or means?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What are the symptoms present? Hyalinization refers to formation of  hyaline or development of glassy homogenous material within a cell while necrosis is death of body tissue and occurs when there is not enough blood flowing to the tissue. Invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC), is the most common type of breast cancer. It invades  the tissues of the breast and even the lymph nodes. It is best that you discuss the result with your doctor for proper evaluation, Take care and regards.