Cancer Community
i need help asap

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

i need help asap

well this is really confusing and lond but i will start with luke, he was my best friend and he was the reason i got up and loved him so much and always will and was devistated wen he dies in a car accsident. wen luke passed away i became very close to his brother tom who is 19 and i have just found out tom has got malonoma cancer and his body is rejecting kimo so i dont no what 2 do, is there any thing else you kan do to treat cancer or do i just have to make the most of the time with him??

x
I don't have knowledge about melanoma cancer and its treatments, but I just wanted to encourage you.  You and Luke's brother have gone through a difficult time with losing Luke and now his brother is going through something very scary.  There are lots of sites on the interernet and books on how you can be supportive of someone who has cancer to help you know the best way to be a supportive friend to him now.  Just pray and be the best friend you can to support him.  He'll be going through a lot of emotions and knowing you're there for him will mean a lot to him.  As a Christian, I'm not afraid of what will happen after I die anymore, and I'm sure a pastor can encourage him to talk and will help him deal with his emotions if he's afraid of dying too.  For a friend of mine who had cancer, she followed the doctor's treatment advice, but she also changed her way of eating and spent a lot of time in prayer.  

Sorry I can't give you medical advice for this type of cancer, but you're a good friend to him and I'm sure knowing you're there supporting him will do a lot to help him deal with his fears about it.
God bless,

You need to relax and keep hope.

Just be around your friend as much as possible and try to reassure him. It is not always possible to have an answer to the 'why' but what can be done is to take each moment as it comes.

Your being around will help your friend emotionally and also help him face this with much more strength.

You yourself have to be strong to be able to help him in any way possible.

Go to the doctor with him, discuss with the doctor in detail about the possible options and about the management plan.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.