Cancer Expert Forum
lesions liver

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

lesions liver

My 21 yr old soon has just been told that he has multiple lesions on his liver. He will be seeing a stomach Dr. in the near future. My concern is when he was 2 yrs old he was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma. It was a golf ball size tumor located in his ear drum. After chemo and radiation then surgery it was successfully removed. Along with his ear drum and ear canal. He has been clean and cancer free since then.
Are the lesions going to be cancerous since there was this earlier problem? Are the chances greater that they will be?
With a history of tumor in the past, the first differential diagnosis is reccurrence of the same lesion. It is rare, but not impossible, for head and neck RMS to recur only in the liver, that too after about 18 years. There may be other (non-cancer) causes of multiple liver lesions.
Please discuss with your radiologist the exact findings in the liver, and if additional tests like PET-CT are planned. The difinitive way to confirm the diagnosis is by taking a biopsy.
All the best, and God Bless!
1 Comment
A related discussion, RCC now possible mets to liver was started.