liver panal results
my husband went in and got blood work done and his liver tests were high so he went in to be retested over a month later and they r still high. I would like to know what they mean. his alt is 48 his ast is 26 his alkp is 51 and his tbili is 0.4 I have looked all over the internet for test results and nothing has helped me. we have no insurance right now till he goes back to work in a few weeks and I am scared. we have 3 girls and I just lost my dad from mrsa last month unexpectedly. please if u have some clues for me it would help me.

my email is ***@****

The serum bilirubin is in the normal range and the liver function tests are only on the higher side of normal.

You need not panic so much - this could be seen even normally. Does he drink alcohol?

The normal range values are -

ALT - 8-37IU/L
AST - 10-34IU/L
TBIL - 2-14UMOL/L

Let us know if he has any other symptoms , etc which could be the cause of your concern.

Otherwise, you just need to relax.

Let us know if you have any other doubts.

Regards.