Cancer Community
liver panal results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

liver panal results

my husband went in and got blood work done and his liver tests were high so he went in to be retested over a month later and they r still high. I would like to know what they mean. his alt is 48 his ast is 26 his alkp is 51 and his tbili is 0.4 I have looked all over the internet for test results and nothing has helped me. we have no insurance right now till he goes back to work in a few weeks and I am scared. we have 3 girls and I just lost my dad from mrsa last month unexpectedly. please if u have some clues for me it would help me.

my email is ***@****
Tags: Liver

The serum bilirubin is in the normal range and the liver function tests are only on the higher side of normal.

You need not panic so much - this could be seen even normally. Does he drink alcohol?

The normal range values are -

ALT - 8-37IU/L
AST - 10-34IU/L
TBIL - 2-14UMOL/L

Let us know if he has any other symptoms , etc which could be the cause of your concern.

Otherwise, you just need to relax.

Let us know if you have any other doubts.

Regards.