Cancer Expert Forum
low SGOT and SGPT

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

low SGOT and SGPT

In 2007 I was diagnosed with right breast Cancer, had Lumpectomy twice. (Margin had cells so had to remove more margin).  I had chemo 2007, and radiation  late 2007-2008.  I had low white blood cells intermittently during chemo and was treated for Leukopenia.  My cells returned to normal.  I had gall bladder removed in 2008.  My cholesterol which was high for years lower 185, though my HDL was still a little high. I have a history of Chronic Phlebitis, left leg, post phlebitis syndrome and chronic edema. In 2008 I began taking Femara. This was the drug thought best for my history.  I have had a neuropathy in my left foot, taken tests after test, full body scans, podiatrist visits, MRIs, etc. So I've been told to live with it.  One Dr. believes it's the Femara since the pain developed about a week or two after starting the Femara, he says some other patients he had had the same problem, though not listed as a side effect. His partner Dr. things it is the after effect of Chemo.  In October 2008, after yoyo-ing WBC 2.5 - 3.0 I took a Comprehensive Metablic Panel Test and they thought at that they would hold off on doing a bone marrow test because my blood work was okay.  Up to last month, the yoyo of WBC continued and the CMP was repeated.  I just underwent a Bone Marrow Test, The Dr said there was a genetic change in 2 areas from the last test CMP Test in 2008.  My AST (SGOT)  is 9L (13-26 normal range) ,and ALT (SGPT) is 6L (normal range 2-47).  They ruled out Leukemia with the CMP. I have no results from the biopsy since it was just done.  What am I facing?
Tags: sgpt, sgot, biopsy
Low SGOT and SGPT are, in my opinion, not of clinical significance.
About the low WBC counts, it has been seen that prolonged neutropenia sometimes follows chemotherapy.
Neuropathy is more likely to be a side effect of chemotherapy than Femara. What drugs did you receive during chemo?
All the best, and God Bless!