lump back of neck, spine pain
am a 23 yr old female. i have a hard bump on the back of my neck for about 2 weeks, along with spine pain and headaches, i have a cyst on my kidney and ovary and not sure if this could b apart of my problem.. just not feeling good at all and wondering if this sounds like a problem arising or soething that should pass..
Hi!
Though it is very difficult to diagnose a lump without examination, I will try my best to list the possibilities and explain how each lump is diagnosed. In some people the occipital bone at the back of the skull has a protuberance. This is a normal finding. Another normal finding is a protruding spine of cervical vertebra due to bad posture. The other possibilities are a cyst, a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in a nerve), lipoma (localized collection of fat), a swollen lymph node, an abscess, or folliculitis (hair follicle infection). Rarely is it a bony tumor like osteoma. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.