lump in scrotum
Hi, I noticed a lump in my scrotom while bathing, I tried to find out some info on here and other web sights about if it could be cancer or a syst or something else. Most systoms say lump on testical but this is just above left testicle in the sac. I had a vestomy a year and a half ago I don't know if that has something to do with it . I never noticed and pain or unusual feeling until I touched and felt it.No I seem to notice a uncortable feeling. I have a appointment Next Monday ,but now I can't stop thinking about this. Any answers or ideas would be a big help. Thanks Scooter
Keep your appointment, but here's some general information about such a bump.

A bump not within the testicle, but above it, is often an enlargement of the epididymis, called epididymitis.  This is the tube that allows sperm from your testicle to travel to the penis.  There are many causes of enlargement of the epididymis: trauma (bumping it) causing inflammation, infection (from sexually transmitted diseases or other bacterial causes), and very very rarely cancer.

For a monogamous male with the same longstanding partner, other than trauma, the most common cause is infection, not from a STD.  It's worth getting this checked.

Enoch Choi, MD