Cancer Community
lump in throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

lump in throat

it feels like i have a lump in my throat. its hard to breath, swallow, talk, and its only on its left side.. the drs are givin me the run around, and i dont know what i should do. i got tested for a infectius disease and all the tests came back negative. im scared it may be cancer.. i am a smoker.. dont drink... and i have 3 kids.
Request a thyroid ultrasound.  That will tell whether or not there is a nodule on your thyroid that may be compressing your esophagus.
Have you been able to talk to your doctor about an ultrasound yet?
that hapened to me hwne i had thyroid take a thyroid test

You should get an ENT evaluation done, and see a gastroenterologist for your symptoms. Also, get a thyroid function test and chest xray done to rule out the other causes that could cause your symptoms.

How old are you? Since when have you noticed this lump? Do you have any other associated symptoms.

Let us know what your doctor advises.

Regards.