Cancer Community
lump on finger

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

lump on finger

My husband has a hard lump on his pointer finger near the joint,he said it is painless,but Im concerned. What is this lump?is it cancerous? will it go away?
should he see a doctor right away?

Avatar n tn
Hi.
The lump on your husband's finger could be a node (Heberden's node).  This is painless and does not affect movement.  Usually, this is associated with other disease conditions like osteoarthritis.
It would be best to have him seen by a rheumatologist for proper evaluation.
Good luck.
Avatar n tn
I agree. He should see a rheumatologist. I have had a lump (giant cyst) on my right ring finger. I had surgery to remove it TWICE and it came back a 3rd time. I have no idea what causes it to return; however, the cause of it was from a "pin *****" prior to giving blood. When the cotton on my finger was removed, there was a very small lump/swelling. Unfortunately, it grew and grew. Within a year it had to be removed. It grew back a few years later to the point where I had it removed again. It has now been 4 years since my last surgery and it's huge. Good luck in your case:-)
This is my first posting on here.

About 3 months ago, I got a lump on the knuckle of my right hand ring finger.  Shortly afterwards, I developed a 2nd one just underneath this.

Initially I assumed they were warts so just left them alone.  Now they are slightly painful if I catch them with a cup and the large one on the knuckle looks like it's been caught and has weeped.

I intend to go to the doctor but wondered if anyone knew what they might be?
Erica, the lump could also be a ganglion (in this region of the finger they are often called mucous cyst). They are harmless, but can be a nuisance. As mentioned before, best to be checked just in case

Have a look at this page on hand lumps:
http://www.surgerywise.com/procedure_info/ganglion.htm

Hope all goes well
I noticed a LUMP on my index finger of right hand it's the further's joint down the lump is under the skin very hard now that I'm fulling with it it's like numb and hurts
I have a lump on my right ring finger it's hard to put my ring on and take off it looks like a wart but my daughter had a wart before and she said it didn't hurt mine does any comments on what it could be