Cancer Community
lump on my chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

lump on my chest

hi ,i have found a small lump at the very top of my chest. when i touch it it is very painful , i was wondering what it might be as i was not sure what are the signs of cancer .
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  Can you give more details about yourself and about your lump? Are you male or female? How old are you? Where precisely is the lump located? Near or on your breast or on the chest wall itself? What are the other characteristics of that lump aside from being painful? How big is it? Is it red? What's the shape? Is it hard or soft?

I can answer your question better if you can give the additional information.  Hope to hear from you soon.
hi, i  am 20 years old male . The lump is located on my chest wall near the bottom of the neck . the lump is the size of a  rounded 2pence coin shape and the colour of the lump is red .the lump itself is hard
thanks
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  From your description, it seems to me that the lump may be an infected lymph node or some form of bacterial skin infection (furuncle or cellulitis).  Consult with a doctor to be sure, and so you can be given the proper antibiotic treatment.  Offhand, it doesn't look like cancer to me.