lung spots
I am really worried about my dad. He came over tonight to tell me that he has been to the doctor because everytime he bends down to get something he is out of breath. He took an x ray to find out that apart from the original problem that he went in for they found 2 spots on his left lung. I dont know what this is or what it means. My dad used to smoke just over 10 years ago and then quit.
He is 63 years old.

I might be jumping the gun a little but he only seen the doc today and he is seeing someone else tommorow already! Is this serious because i am getting an uneasy feeling.
Yes it is very serious! My husband was coughing up blood. The dr's said it wasn't anything, maybe an old scar or infection. They did MRI's every 2 months. May last year, after an MRI just weeks before that they said was fine and spots not doing anything, he got up one morning and couldn't walk, literally falling down. They did another MRI the next day and found lung, lymph node 2 brain tumors and a spinal tumor. If they had biopsied the spots in Sept., I believe I would still have him with me. They could have removed a quarter of his lung, and it wouldn't have metastised.By then it was too late to do anything. Diagnos to death12 weeks. I'm sorry to scare you, but please take this seriously and be aggresive. Good luck.