Cancer Community
microscopic hematuria

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

microscopic hematuria

I have slight microscopic hematuria 2+. I had an abdominal ultra sound (normal), a ct of abdomen and pelvic area (normal) a cystoscopy (the urologist said my bladder was healthy and absolutely normal). The urologist said that the little bit of microscopic hematuria was normal to me and that I need not ever follow up about it. My Physicians assistant seemed really disturbed by this and urged me to get a second opinion. The only test I haven't had though is the cytology, but from what I understand that usually comes first, so would I still need that after having a cystoscopy in which the urologist was so certain nothing was wrong? I would like to just put this to rest but my PA's nervousness makes me nervous. She says that microscopic hematuria is never normal my urologist says that this are arbitrary guidelines and that I may just not fit those guidelines by a little bit. He says everyone has some blood in there urine but that most meet the guidelines, some don't, but there is nothing to worry about. What do you recommend I do? See another urologist?