multinodular goiter
The following is the report from my first ultra sound:
Ultrasound of the thyroid gland: A 1.4 cm echolucent focus
probable cyst is seen mid right lobe of the thyroid gland.
Several somewhat poorly defined inhomogeneous echogenic nodular
foci are seen in both lobes of the thyroid gland measuring up to
2.2 cm size largest posterior left lobe most likely representing
multinodular goiter; a neoplastic process cannot be entirely
excluded. Remaining thyroid gland is minimally inhomogeneous. Radiologic diagnosis: Apparent multinodular goiter with 1.4 cm right lobe cyst.

I was then referred to an Endocrynolist who did another ultra-sound three months later to compare.  The nodules one in each lobe were 3.5 cm one had some calcification.  A fine needle biopsy was done which came back with no malignancy but there were some cells that were a-typical.  I am seeing the doctor again the first of December to see what the options are.  My questions is, what do you think my options are?

Hi.  If the appearance of the biopsy sample is suspicious for malignancy (e.g. there are a lot of atypical cells), there is an option to either do a re-biopsy (preferably ultrasound guided) or to do outright surgical removal of at least part of the thyroid.  What you have to keep in mind is that most thyroid nodules are benign (around 69%) while only about 4% turn out to be malignant.