Cancer Community
noncalcified lung nodules

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

noncalcified lung nodules

I have been diagnosed with 2 noncalcified nodules on left lung.  One is 6mm and one is 5mm.  There is also a 3 cm x 2 cm bleb on the same lung.  Ct scan was conducted because I thought I had kidney stones.  I have been very nervous since the diagnosis.  They immediately scheduled pulmonologist appt..  I am going to that tomorrow.  Some symptoms I have had for a while:  chest pain, ice cold legs and feet, insomnia, fatigue, shortness of breath.  I am a 25 year smoker.  Any suggestions about outlook or diagnosis?  What is the difference in noncalcified and calcified?  I am getting contradictory information about the two.  Oh, what the hell is a bleb?
A chest Xray revealed a 2cm nodule in my right lobe-had a pet scan nodule lit up but no other hits.  Going for Fine needle biopsy this week.  I would like to know the difference between calcified & non calcified, also.  I am long time smoker that is really anxious right about now.
I was diagnosed with lung nodules in both lungs anywhere from 2mm-3mm. now after the second CT scan they say they are now 4mm and that I have a mass in the liver area that measures 3.8cmx2.8cm. They say that I have calcified and noncalcified. like you I am a 30 year smoker and gave it up when I found out the nodules were growing. Have been smoke free for 3 dys not much but a start. I am like you and wonder the difference between the calcified and noncalcified and what the outcome of your biopsy is, so please let me know. I am not sure what to think as nobody will give me a straight answer like they are scared to tell me. I am being refered to a pulmonologist soon so let us hope he tells me something as this really worries me. Please let me know your results. you can contact me here or at my email ***@**** please let me know.
Teresa