Aa
A
A
Close
painful blemish/zit behind right ear/cyst??
For over a month now, I've had this bump behind my right ear. I had someone open it, and drain it. Puss came out, and it felt better for a day or two. It never went away- it's still there. If you touch it- it hurts, sleeping on it hurts, touching the ear lobe also hurts. The small bump is hard. It is located right behind my ear lobe. any idea what it is? Should I go see the doctor? I do wear galsses...could that have irritated it? I have had MRSA before, but this is not it.  Thanks.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
This bump could be a secondarily infected acne lesion or folliculitis or a bacterial skin infection.
Since the earlobe too is hurting it could be spread of the pus or painful invovement of teh draining lymph nodes.
You need to go on a course of antibiotics and Take NSAID's for the pain and inflammation.
Most importantly you need to get it examined by a doctor who will be better able to assess the situation and perform an I&D if necessary.rets8
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Are you the only doctor on this board? Why can't I get any advice on Grandulose cell cancer? ( May not be correct spelling). Just want to know if Chemo is option with this type cancer.Don't give a damn abot "Standerts of care". Please help!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank