port pain
i had a port put in yesterday for my chemo and it really hurts a lot and cannot even touch it - dr said he "went further than he wanted to" anyone have a problem with a lot of pain?
I think that those things are awful; but I understand why they're used... it simplifies the  infusion process. The area where my aunt had one placed always felt sensitive and was prone to infection. So, when my mom had to undergo chemotherapy for Hodgkin's Disease, she refused to have one. Instead, she had the infusions through the veins in  her arms and wrists.     Good luck with your chemo treatments.
My sister also had one of those.  Hers never hurt so I would get my doctor to find out WHY it is hurting.  Good luck and God Bless you.
thank you both for the input - had it checked out and is working fine but still sore but not as horrible as it was when first put in - thank you again