questions regarding CT SCANS
hello , I am being reffered to a chest clinic and my reffering GP said I might have a CT scan , my symptoms 10 week cough and swelling in lymph gland area above left collar bone ,

my questions are ,

CT scans - does a CT scan - can it be just of the lungs ? the report ? ( OR ) does a CT scan have to be of the whole chest area the report , or can the CT scan be just of pacific area's of the chest that the doctor has requested looking at , SORRY .......... to clarify !!! , I am wandering are CT scans allways of the whole chest area or can the doctor just request the findings say of the lungs ????, I am curious as wandering would I get info on my whole chest area or just a pacific part , any info would be walmly welcomed , kind regards
Tags: CT, ct scan, Chest, symptom, cough, Lung, Lymph, lymph gland.
I would RECOMMEND you ask the ordering physician EXACTLY what he/she is ordering.

Usually, a CT of the lungs is ordered as a CT of the chest.