Cancer Community
questions regarding CT SCANS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

questions regarding CT SCANS

hello , I am being reffered to a chest clinic and my reffering GP said I might have a CT scan , my symptoms 10 week cough and swelling in lymph gland area above left collar bone ,

my questions are ,

CT scans - does a CT scan - can it be just of the lungs ? the report ? ( OR ) does a CT scan have to be of the whole chest area the report , or can the CT scan be just of pacific area's of the chest that the doctor has requested looking at , SORRY .......... to clarify !!! , I am wandering are CT scans allways of the whole chest area or can the doctor just request the findings say of the lungs ????, I am curious as wandering would I get info on my whole chest area or just a pacific part , any info would be walmly welcomed , kind regards
Tags: CT, ct scan, Chest, symptom, cough, Lung, Lymph, lymph gland.
I would RECOMMEND you ask the ordering physician EXACTLY what he/she is ordering.

Usually, a CT of the lungs is ordered as a CT of the chest.