Cancer Community
radiation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

radiation

I had a rare tumor in my spine and my neurosurgeon removed it. He wants me to do radiation to kill the remaining cells. I'm worried about the side effects,  can any one tell me their experiences.
Tags: radiation
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? I understand your concern regarding radiation but benefits of treatment such as this usually outweigh the risks. Side effects are different for each person and may include skin changes and some fatigue. Other side effects depend on the part of your body being treated and may present with diarrhea, hair loss in the treatment area, mouth problems, nausea and vomiting, urinary and bladder changes. It is best that you discuss this with your attending physician for proper evaluation and to erase any doubts. Take care and do keep us posted.