Cancer Community
right paratracheal lymph adenopathy life threatening ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

HI I had a shooting pain in my right arm from may 2010 in feb 2011 this pain became unbearable and went in for an mri . The mri showed a possible fibroma on the right c7/c8 nerve . We went in for an opeation to remove the growth . Post histopathology it showed PNET Cancer . From may 2011 did 4 chemos of VAC IE regimen followed by 30 days radiotherapy followed by 12 cycles of chemo .

Now in dec 2012 there is right paratracheal lymph adenopathy which in april 2013 has grown to 6cm X 6 cmX 4 cm and affected the azygous vein . Doctor is asking to take chemo make it shrink and then wait for it to grow again chemo make it shrink etc etc ... The chemo cycles will finish me most certainly ... is there any other alternative ... breathing has become little difficult with lots of dry cough ...

1. Is there a possibility for the lymph node becoming too large and eventually bursting .
2. It is too close to the windpipe and touching the lungs now..
3. Will i live an operation will almost paralie or kill me
4. Is there any viral therapy for this type of cancer .
5. Is there any hope in any kind of medicine :)
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your condition. If the paratracheal lymph nodes are enlarging then they can press on your windpipe and food pipe or blood vessels and cause trouble. Usually these glands get involved in advanced stage of cancer. Hence, chemo may be the only option. Also, radiotherapy can be tried to some extent. Surgery may be possible if there is localized involvement only or if your health condition really permits it. The chronic cough could be due to the nodes pressing or irritating the wind pipe. I am sorry but there is nothing much which I can suggest on net. You could ask your doctor regarding any clinical trials on your type of cancer. If they are trying new therapies and if there is a chance that those therapies will help you, then maybe you can register for them. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.