Cancer Community
septated uterus and uterine cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

septated uterus and uterine cancer

I have a fully septated uterus (I was told when my son was born 28 years ago that the septum goes to my cervix but not through it.). I have been experiencing postmenopausal bleeding so the gynecologist sent me for the ultrasounds (transvaginal and the other one). She also did an endometrial biopsy, but recognizes she could only biopsy the one side of my uterus. The biopsy results are not back yet, but the ultrasounds showed no masses in utero or on my ovaries and my endometrium is 8 mm. Where do we go from here? I had had one miscarriage before it was realized I had the septated uterus. I started hemorhaging after the D & C. Doctors did a laproscopic surgery to take a look at things because they also never found any fetal tissue from the D & C. Without knowing I had a septated uterus, they 'cleaned out ' only one side. If the biopsy is negative, cancer cannot be ruled out since cancerous cells may be on the other side of my uterus. The 8 mm thickness is of concern. So....do I just opt for a hysterectomy or exploratory surgery of some sort?  Where do you suggest we go from here?

This discussion is related to Complex Ovarian Cyst AND Septated Uterus?.