Cancer Community
severe flank pain and doctors have no clue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

hi,
i was diagnosed at 18 with renal cell carsinoma last may 09 and had a partial nephrectomy 2 weeks later. there were a few minor complications post op, (infections) as far as i know they got it all and im cancer free, however, since surgery i have had sever flank pain almost immobilizing me, it is constant and follows with severe nausea. i am currently on pain medication and phenegrin for the nausea. i have taken gabapentin and lyrica and neither worked so the doctors ruled out nerve damage. i have been told that i have excess scarring on my kidney and that it is common in mediteranian skin (im italian) i have had ct scans and blood work and everything else you could immagine and i am tired of pain medication and have been taking it way too long. (they are not working and i do not wish to up my dosage) my question is, can excess scarring be causing this much pain and how do i fix it. and what else might be causing this pain.