sorafenib or sunitinib which one is better in mrcc?
Hi my question is if the patient is diagnosed with mrcc then which targeted therapy is to be considered as a firstline treatment for mrcc? is it Sorafenib(Nexavar) or Sunitinib(Sutent)?
Secondly i want to know that if the patient is of mrcc with brain metastasis then shuld Sorafenib or Sunitinib be given or not? if yes then what could be the dose for these two drugs?
Hi Mr amrish just saw your add, i think it is always better to given that very targeted therapy as first line who is having better the PFS and TTP , since sunitinib is having the PFS> 9 months than sorafenib or 6 months ,secondly i think it is better to give Interferon with avastin as first line as the PFS is far more better than sunitinib or sorafenib both.
Your second question of mrcc patient with brain mets , in the phase III data of sunitinib or sorafenib , in both the trials patient with brain mets were excluded from the trial.
Butt both sunitinib and sorafenib are having the ARCC'S data with brain mets.
I think both drugs can be given but it is always to see the other paramaters before starting the therapy like line of therapy, patient age, organ function, blood pressure, histopathology report etc.
thanks