Cancer Community
stomach and cancer ag 19-9 test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

stomach and cancer ag 19-9 test

i am having terrible stomach pain solid water stools sometimes and also sometimes vomiting have gone from 199 lbs to 148 in 30 days been admitted to hospital twice due to stomach pains colonostomy was done but was told not much there  small benign polyp was removed my cancer ag 19-9 test was a 6 and am not sure what this all means have had trouble sometimes with constapation am taking 100 mg morphine x2 3x a day for back pain but am told that is not the problem can anyone give me some type of idead to be looking for or what to ask dr to look for ?
I can't help with much with the rest of it but morphine can cause constipation, make sure you're drinking plenty of water or maybe even prune juice/ gentle laxative to offset it.

Have dr's ruled out food allergies and bugs that could cause the vomiting? Did they do an upper GI? It says your male- can a prostate problem cause nausea and vomiting? Did they check out your liver?

It's really dangerous to loose weight so fast so maybe try to get some protein shakes or something? Heck Ensure could help. Excess vomiting means not only are you not getting food right but water and electrolytes and without those that's just deadly. I know it's hard without any answers, but do your best to get anything down and make sure you're keeping up with the fluids. Sorry I'm not more help.