Cancer Community
swalloing dificulties...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

swalloing dificulties...

Hi Ive been stressed for a long time now...and not very happy.recently Ive had trouble swalloing, as if I continuosly have to force my self to swallow. My brother has sinus and has had the operation and Ive always had some bother swalloing and Ive always thought it was that I also had sinus but I havent been to a doctor. Now Im worried cause recently its been very bad, I even went to the accident and emergency the other day cause it was bad and I panicked, was late at night or I would of waited for the doc. He had a look at my throat and said it was a bit swollen and irritated, he made me drink some water and observed, he said that the swalloing mechanism was normal and sent me home. Ive done some research and have become worried about cancer. Ive also recently got a stiff neck, im going to go to the doctor but Im scared, im also trying to stop smoking. Im a male 22 years old, can some one please give me some advice...does it sound bad? Please any advice opinions would be greatly aprreciated, someone also said it could be stress or postnasal drip...Im just really worried.
Hi, We all think of the worst when it comes down to our health.  Im not saying Im a doctor but but it could be allergies, sinus,  Are you allergic to anything? Doe this come and go?  Ask those quiestions to yourself. I have trouble swallowing sometimes but I have acid reflux and before I knew I had acid reflux I thought to it was cancer but thank god it wasn't RELAX and go to your doctors and your mind will be eased. I think you will be fine.

best wishes