Cancer Community
swollen lymph near elbow
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

swollen lymph near elbow

i have had a swollen or enlarged lymph node by my elbow for about 6 months now, its alittle bigger then a pea. only hurts if i straighten my arm, sometimes it hits the ulner nerve and i feel nerve pain. my question is could this be cancer. my moms mom had lymphoma when she was 60. i havent losed any wieght, i just dont know what would cause this for such a long period of time. NO infection near around arm hand elbow.
Related Discussions
1686908_tn?1307197390
Hi Rissa, have you had any injury or any bumps, bruises, bangs to your elbow at all?  The node by the elbow is called the cubital lymph node on the inner side of the arm.  Any injury even a small bump could cause it become inflammed.  I would have the doctor check it out the next time you go.  Do you have any finger pain, numbness?  Sometimes lifting or over using your arms/hands on the computer can irritate the ulnar nerve, and you do hear about carpal tunnel syndrome, there is cubital tunnel syndrome too which affects the ring finger and pinky with numbness, tingling, and the node swells from that irritation and it can come from overuse on the computer or lifting, repetition such as supermarket checkers using the arm to scan. With your mom's history you are probably really worried so best to have the doctor look at it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...