Cancer Community
terrified of melanoma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

terrified of melanoma

I have OCD over a lot of diseases and other things but recently I have been obsessing over skin cancer. I am 20 years old pretty fair but not pale and has light brown hair with hazel eyes. I have had my share of sunburns, not too many as a kid, but usually tan. Melanoma doesn't run in my family and my doctor checked some of my moles (I have a very few) and said there is nothing to worry about but I am terrified because I did have a severe blistering sunburn a couple times through out my teen years and maybe 2 as a child. I know I am at a high risk and I read about people dying from melanoma and I really need some peace of mind. Right now I am convinced I am going to die from this.
Related Discussions
Hi.  I think you're letting your life fritter away by worrying too much about a disease which you do not have.  You're young and have a whole life ahead of you.  Be active.  Go out with friends. Get involved in hobbies, sports and some other activities which will help take your mind off your worry.  Protecting yourself from the risk of skin cancer/ melanoma can be done simply by avoiding prolonged exposure to the sun, as well as applying sunblock when exposure cannot be avoided.  So there really isn't any reason why you should be afraid of melanoma.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...