Cancer Community
testicular bump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

testicular bump

I have a small bump on my right testicle which feels similar to a pimple or zit in consistency.  I first noticed it probably in 8th grade and I'm 25 now.  I do not feel it has gotten significantly bigger over this time but have become more concerned with it recently because of testicular self exam and some mild discomfort in the area.  In health class they passed around one of those testicular cancer models to practice self exams on and that felt smoother and more well rounded than what I have which is more like a sudden small eruption than a pea like growth.  For that reason I dismissed what I have as something benign.  However, I cannot find an explanation on the internet for it other than a tumor and am now concerned that it is indeed cancer which I have been neglecting.  Is it possible I just have a strange abnormality?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I understand your concern. Since this has been present for the past 7 years and hasnt changed in character or consistency this may not cause any urgent concern.

Have you palpated your testicles more often lately maybe due to your growing concern, this may cause some discomfort if this has been done quite often.The testicular anatomy upon inspection may indeed cause some "bumpy" structures to be felt.

Are there any problems with urination?
Any change in urine's character?
any palpable mass in the groin area?

For a full assesment you may visit a urologist so that some tests( urinalysis, ultrasound) may be done to ascertain the cause of the lump.A full physical examination and a rectal examination may clarify issues regarding your condition and may also calm down any unnecessary worries.

Keep us posted regarding your progress.

Good luck!