Cancer Community
testicular

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

testicular

i have a pain in my groin and its really tender when its touched my right testicul also floats up too my pelvis area and hurts when i have sex also they is what feels like a swollen gland on my right one i am 24 and not sure what is the matter.
Avatar dr m tn
Hi.  From what you've posted, I think you either have an infection of the testicle (orchitis) or the epididymis (epidydimitis), or you may be suffering from torsion (twisting) of the testicle and its associated blood vessels and spermatic cord.  These two conditions are potentially serious, so I think you should get medical attention as soon as possible.
hi thaks for the reply too my question in english how serious is this if its what u say it is and is they any longterm damage and is they a websiste with more info on this subject thank you faulkner4
Avatar dr m tn
Hi.  The two conditions I mentioned - orchitis/epididymitis and testicular torsion, are serious in that these can worsen if not given prompt medical attention, but if treated early and properly, these conditions don't usually result in any lasting damage.  You can visit www.medscape.com or www.emedicine.com if you want additional information on the matter.