Cancer Community
throat
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

throat

So I'll flat out admit I may just be worrying too much, but here's my situation:

I was recently diagnosed with the mumps. They should be done now, should be long gone, but on top of still having mildly swollen glands, I've noticed it now hurts to swallow, and while I can't exactly see anything down there, I feel something in my throat at all times, and have swollen lymph nodes around that area. I've been on antibiotics, they've helped the swelling, but the throat pain remains. I've also been steadily losing my voice. I had bloodwork and a chest x-ray (for some reason), and everything came up fine, but I'm still unconvinced. The throat pain and such has gone on for about a month now, granted I've noticed all of my symptoms tend to fluctuate in severity.

I guess my question is, am I just somewhat making these symptoms up in my head with an overactive, pessimistic imagination in an overly stressed out life style, or is this cause for concern?

I apologize if this didn't make much sense, I've never been good at putting things to words.