Cancer Community
tonsil cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

tonsil cancer

hello and thank you for reading this, im sorry if its long. about two months ago i woke up with horrible watery diareah that lasted for 3 days afterwords i got a cold and that went away then another cold and 6 weeks ago woke up with horrible pain in my left tonsil. diareah and gas back also. it hurts only in the left tonsil area everytime i swallow and sometimes in my left ear. i also have one swollen node in my neck on the same side. i went to the docs 4 times had a neg strep culture and was put on antibiotics since it wasnt going away. this didnt help. went to er had sinus ct scan was normal had some bloodwork all normal except they told me i had mono which i had when i was 21 so i think its still in my blood. waited 2 more weeks went to an ent who told me acid but the pain is almost constant and my left tonsil is much bigger and bumpy looking so i made an apt with a second ent for another opinion. in the meentime its been 6 weeks still have diareah and pain when swallowing only on the left side. im scared to death i have tonsil cancer, ent says he didnt think so but the pain wont go away. any help or ideas would be appriciated or any other tests that could help me. i am a 24 year old female and i am a smoker trying to quit. thanks