tumor behind right eye
my husband was diagnose to have some growth behind his right eye several years ago (2006). He was having several severe headache and when he was trying to go to change prescription for his eyeglasses they found out that something is blocking behind the right eye. Because the cost to get MRI so expensive and he had no job to cover it, he never go to hospital. The headaches stop long time ago. and he never got help. I wonder if the tumor growth stopping? It was pressing the back of his eye and scratch  the cornea, is he will be fine if he is not doing any surgery? or if he does need surgery is it dangerous? the doctor who diagnose the tumor said that will have bad possibility that the surgery make him lost his right eye, become "vegetable", or he might be dead and he said if not doing surgery, my husband might be dead because the blood vessel might pop up someday. Is that true? it is been about 4 years and he has no complain about headaches at all. Please do help me, he is the light of my life.!! I think he is scare to go to the doctor because he scares about the result that the eye doctor told him 4 years back.
Is he presently having problems?  What was the actually diagnosis?  

The cornea is NOT in the back of the eye; it is the covering on the front of the eye.  

Sounds like this tumor is located in close proximity to the optic nerve/retina.  I can't say whether the tumor stopped growing or not; need imaging for that.

I don't know the pros and cons of the surgery this physician recommended because I don't know what surgery he/she recommended.  

Two options:  leave it and see what happens or go get a SECOND opinion about the situation.  

I know he is afraid, but no one online will be able to tell you EXACTLY what the problem is or can give you an ACCURATE diagnosis or treat him.      

You can post in the Expert Eye Care Forum as well.  
I am sorry, i mean its the back of his eye ball is full of scratches.
thank you in advance for any suggestions from you all.