Cancer Community
underarm cancer? infection?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

underarm cancer? infection?

8678226?1357015587
I had made a thread about two months ago under Lymphadenopathy . No one had responded to it. However things have changed since then. I have had this for appox 3 months but the changes have happened within two weeks. I have a puckered up skin? under my armpit. It looks like it's attached to the lump maybe that I have. The lump is prob about a half dollar size, kinda hard, stays put. The lump doesn't hurt but this pucker up skin does at the tender touch of it, or with my arm down. I had seen two doctors. The first one said Lymphadenopathy, and then I saw my dr and all she did was touch it and said it was a cyst... no xrays,u/s or anything and that was before the puckering happened.

I am gotta post a pic , so please ignore the lil hairy armpit. I am afraid to shave it, or even put deordeant on.

So does anyone know what this may be? Had it for appox 3 months ( the lump ) but recently developed puckered skin. I go back to the doctors on the 15th for a follow up, but if this is something serious that needs to be checked asap then I will go in tomorrow.  
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Bumping in case no one seen yet.
Blank
I went to the urgent care yesterday afternoon. The doctor felt multiple lumps in the armpit. She set up an appt for an ultrasound today, I go this morning and I am very nervous. She said my armpit looks weird, like she has never seen that before?
Blank
1268057_tn?1379102055
This needs to be sorted IMMEDIATELY.  The puckering is VERY concerning IMO.

What were the results of the US?  

I don't think this is just a "cyst."  Could be wrong though.
Blank
I had went for an ultrasound last wed and right when I was done, the lady said she will brb and came back and said my dr would like to see me. I went to the drs office, and they went in and cut out two golfball size and a bad abscess. They think it was all an abscess. I had two tubes put in since it was deep in my right armpit.. did a follow up on Friday, got a new tube put in.. today I just got my culture back and not understanding it. I have a follow up with my dr tomorrow. I get my results sent to email and on my online health acct. Do anyone know what this means? I  know its best to wait to see the doctor tomorrow. Specimen Description Deep Wound
Special Requests RIGHT AXILLA
Gram Stain Few PMNs Many RBCs
                        Moderate Gram Positive Cocci
Culture 3+ Mixed gram negative and positive flora. No Staphylococcus aureus, Beta Streptococcus or Pseudomonas isolated. No Anaerobes isolated
Report Status 01/06/2013 Final
Blank
1268057_tn?1379102055
This report actually isn't too bad......thank goodness it was merely gram+ cocci found.  Any abscess with Staphylococcus aureus, Beta Streptococcus, Pseudomonas or Anaerobes would have been VERY bad to treat.  

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...