Cancer Community
underarm cancer? infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

underarm cancer? infection?

8678226?1357015587
I had made a thread about two months ago under Lymphadenopathy . No one had responded to it. However things have changed since then. I have had this for appox 3 months but the changes have happened within two weeks. I have a puckered up skin? under my armpit. It looks like it's attached to the lump maybe that I have. The lump is prob about a half dollar size, kinda hard, stays put. The lump doesn't hurt but this pucker up skin does at the tender touch of it, or with my arm down. I had seen two doctors. The first one said Lymphadenopathy, and then I saw my dr and all she did was touch it and said it was a cyst... no xrays,u/s or anything and that was before the puckering happened.

I am gotta post a pic , so please ignore the lil hairy armpit. I am afraid to shave it, or even put deordeant on.

So does anyone know what this may be? Had it for appox 3 months ( the lump ) but recently developed puckered skin. I go back to the doctors on the 15th for a follow up, but if this is something serious that needs to be checked asap then I will go in tomorrow.  
Bumping in case no one seen yet.
I went to the urgent care yesterday afternoon. The doctor felt multiple lumps in the armpit. She set up an appt for an ultrasound today, I go this morning and I am very nervous. She said my armpit looks weird, like she has never seen that before?
This needs to be sorted IMMEDIATELY.  The puckering is VERY concerning IMO.

What were the results of the US?  

I don't think this is just a "cyst."  Could be wrong though.
I had went for an ultrasound last wed and right when I was done, the lady said she will brb and came back and said my dr would like to see me. I went to the drs office, and they went in and cut out two golfball size and a bad abscess. They think it was all an abscess. I had two tubes put in since it was deep in my right armpit.. did a follow up on Friday, got a new tube put in.. today I just got my culture back and not understanding it. I have a follow up with my dr tomorrow. I get my results sent to email and on my online health acct. Do anyone know what this means? I  know its best to wait to see the doctor tomorrow. Specimen Description Deep Wound
Special Requests RIGHT AXILLA
Gram Stain Few PMNs Many RBCs
                        Moderate Gram Positive Cocci
Culture 3+ Mixed gram negative and positive flora. No Staphylococcus aureus, Beta Streptococcus or Pseudomonas isolated. No Anaerobes isolated
Report Status 01/06/2013 Final
This report actually isn't too bad......thank goodness it was merely gram+ cocci found.  Any abscess with Staphylococcus aureus, Beta Streptococcus, Pseudomonas or Anaerobes would have been VERY bad to treat.