Cancer Community
vaginal question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

vaginal question

i have a bump on top of my vagina, it is not by the lips, it is more on top by my thigh and it does not grow hair what so ever and it has been there fro over a year, what does this mean?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Without a clinical evaluation it may be difficult for me to determine the exact cause. It could be either a cyst, wart, ingrown hair or herpes. A cyst is a closed pocket which may be filled with air, fluid, pus, or other material. A vaginal cyst is a closed sac on or under the vaginal lips.Vaginal inclusion cysts, Garteners cysts are few common cysts on the vagina. An ingrown vaginal hair may cause a painful red bump that may look like a pimple. There may be pus in the bump and it is itchy. Herpes can form painful blisters on the genitals. It is best to get this lump examined by a doctor. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!