weird shape of stool
recently i've noticed that the shape of my stool has changed. It is difficult to describe, but has been consistent the past week. The stool is dry-er, with a chained/linked shape. There are larger round balls/lobes which are linked by small, thin strands. The shape reminds me of the bubbly shape of the large intestine in medical diagrams.

I'm not very old, 22 years, so I don't know if this is something to worry about. I have been taking a lot of fiber in my diet because about 4 weeks ago i experienced rectal bleeding but it stopped for after like 4 days and now the shape of the stool has changed.  i try to eat more so that i keep my system running and dont get constipated. my family does have a history of hemorhoids and my dad has also had bladder cancer. could this be a sign of polyps or colorectal cancer?
your help will be greatly appreciated :)
You need to keep a food and supplement diary, this way when you visit your Dr. you will be effectively able to let him/her know what you are ingesting. Remember that what goes in, determines what comes out. Good waste is what the body does not need, but if your body is having trouble withdrawing the nutrients it needs from what you ingest, thats when you will see it in your urine and stool.   With your food diary keep note of your stool color and consistency, and your urine, its consistency, cloudiness or clear etc and any odors.  STOP worrying about what other family members have, as this can most definitely affect your psychologically....and brain and body ARE connected.  You are very young to be worried about anything other than enjoying life, so keep the diary for two weeks, then visit your Doc...:)