what is a lesion on your lungs
Are all lesions on the lung cancerous?

This discussion is related to Lesions on lungs and Spleen.

Not at all. In fact only a very small percentage of lesions on the lung are actually cancerous.

What are your exact doubts or queries?

What symptoms do you have? What does your chest xray say? What lesion are you talking about?

Has any other investigation been done?

Let us know the answers to the above so that we may be able to help you with your queries.

Regards.
my dad was just dig. with lung cancer and i have the ct scan with me im just not sure how to understand this stuff any on e help
I had xray that showed small lesion in right lung.
was told to get ct scam to rule out cancer. I was just getting over bad flu with bad chest congestion. yellow Phelgm .
cough,  this was about ten days before xray. I ,am feeling fine now but at the time I was very sick hard to Breathe,
short of breath. could this lesion be left over lung infection. I,am kind of freaking out.

Recently, I had a CT scan on my stomach. Results on my stomach were fine but the scan showed a lesion or scar on my lung. A CT scan of my lungs was ordered. The result showed a questionable lesion about the size of the top of your finger on one lung. Another CT scan was ordered for 6 weeks later to determine whether or not there was any growth. This scan showed no growth but the radiologist could not definitively say whether or not it was just a lesion from a previous pneumonia or a tumor(benign or malignant). I am now being referred to a specialist who will order either a PET scan or an MRI. I am 51 and quit smoking 20 years ago.I am trying to keep this in perspective but am struggling with my mind and imagining the worst.  I am also wondering whether most/ some lesions are cancerous? Are there pre-existing factors that would cause the lesions to be cancerous?  I have already posted this somewhere on this site before I found this specific area.  Sorry about that. Any thoughts?