Cancer Community
worried about testicular cancer or prostate cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Hi I am 31 years old when I was 15 I had a operation on my right testicle I think it was fluid don't remember. When I was 18 I noticed that my right testicle was a little bigger again but didn't go to the doctor until it started hurting for a week I was like 24 or 25 The assistant saw me and said it felt fine but told me the doctor would see me to make sure I saw the doctor he said it was fine that prostate cancer is very rare at my age but ordered a sonogram just to make sure. And stupid me I never went to the sonogram now 2 years ago or 1 year in half I went to the doctor so he could check my testicles because I started to get worried and he said they felt fine and told me how to check them I don't remember what he said when I asked if I had cancer..He did tell me that one ball is bigger than the other is normal.but he didn't order a sonogram or nothing so I must be fine right? He would do more test if he felt something right? Very scared today since so long has passed I had a gastroscopy 2 months ago so the cancer hasn't spread if I did have it. Wouldn't there be worst symtoms (symptoms) by now after 16 years? I am scared but the doctor told me I was fine and didn't order any other test but it wasn't my regular doctor he was out of town what if he was a assistant so scared wouldn't he told me if something was wrong. .I am so scared.
anyone here that help me out?
Testicular cancer and prostate cancer are two different things. It's estimated that one third of all males develop prostate cancer in their lifetime, but mostly die of other things, because PC is usually very slow growing, asymptomatic, and if it doesn't metastase, not life-threatening.

It's roughly like this: you, and everyone else, will have couple of tumors in their life. Maybe you already had one, or few. But you never noticed it because your immune system fought it off, so to speak. Tumor is an undesired mutation of our own cells. When your immune system loses the fight, tumor becomes cancer. Even though it's become cancerous, sometimes, but not very often, your immune system may still beat it. It's not yet fully understood why doesn't it do that more often. Any cell in our body can mutate. If for example, you had a cancer in your toe, and your immune system keeps it from spreading, you could live a long time, since all of your vital organs are working perfectly. Prostate is not a vital organ.

My oppinion is that the chances you have a prostate cancer at that age are very very slim, that it's metastased are even slimmer, and that you have both at the same time, testicular and prostate, are no greater then winning lottery.

People don't always realize this, but absolutely everything depends on our immune system. It's our master of life and death, and the only real cure we have. Here's a serious advice: unless absolutely neccessary, one should never ever take steroids.