xray exposure infant
Hello, I was hoping this forum could help me with my concerns.  My infant son is 5 1/2 months old and has accumulated an extensive medical history at such a young age.  My concern is that he has had several radiological tests i.e...cat scan of the head, vcvu for reflux of the kidneys, upper gi for reflux, shoulder, elbow and clavicle xray for shoulder pain, and ct of the abdomen for bowel obstruction, all of which fortunately were negative.  The renal exam showed mild hydronephrosis.  The doctor at that time stated it could be related to the uti he was hospitalized for (he is uncircumcised).  My obvious concern is the radiation exposure in the 5 months of his life, most especially with the ct abdomen, and cancer.  Should I be concerned, what is the incidence rate of cancer related illness due to radiation exposure in infants?  What should I be on the look out for?  Please note he is my only child, therefore you can understand my worries.  Hope you can help set my mind at ease or at least educate me on the dangers of radiation exposure in infants.
Hi.  I'm giving you the addresses of two websites which you will find interesting and which may be able to give you the answers you're looking for. One is from the US FDA and the other is from the US National Cancer Institute:

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ct/risks.html
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/causes/radiation-risks-pediatric-CT

I hope it helps.
I would double check with other dr before allowing any more radiation of infant