Candida User Group
Persistent Yeast Infection?
About This Group:

For people with yeast infections and systemic candida ... helps and remedies.

Founded by boo600 on September 13, 2010
35 members

Persistent Yeast Infection?

Hi everyone, I'm starting to get worried about this persistent yeast infection and was hoping to get some information from anyone who has experienced the same as i.

In the beginning of January i had to take amoxicillin for 1 week for my throat. The following weekend (Saturday to be precise) I had slightly rough intercourse with my boyfriend and was a bit sore and noticed a small tear on my labia minora. The following day i started experiencing an itch on my labia minora right near to the vaginal opening. I used a mirror to look down there but didn't notice anything abnormal. (Oh, i almost forgot, that Sunday i also had to take those Plan B pills as there was a slight mishap with the condom) I checked it again before bed and still noticed nothing abnormal but by Monday morning i noticed an odorless white clumpy discharge as well as a few really tiny flesh coloured boils (like the size of taste buds) on one side of the labia minora near the vaginal opening. I went to the doctor that afternoon and he diagnosed it as vulvo vaginitis and prescribed me a week's worth of Metronidazole 250mg and Doxycycline Hydrochloride 100mg tablets, and Clotrimazole 100mg suppositories. I had an exam that week (btw, i'm 23 years old) and accidentally missed taking the tablets on Thursday morning. I still continued to take everything as instructed after that.
I was supposed to go back to the doctor the following Monday but couldn't make it and then Tuesday i got my period so i just disregarded the follow-up appointment. My period lasts for four days and about 2 weeks after that i started noticing the itch returning and there were more of those really tiny boils, so i went to the pharmacy and bought the Monistat 3. (btw that small tear on my labia minora from the rough intercourse just healed up normally with no scabbing or anything) I don't know why i only used 2 of the suppositories but nevertheless it seemed to have cleared up. (i've also been eating a serving of yogurt for at least a third of the days since the first diagnosis and gave up chocolate and sweets for lent)
Fast forward to the week following my next period and the itch has returned. I also notice the tiny boils seemed to have multiplied at the spot where they were first observed and have also spread along the labia minora heading towards the clitoris area. I still had the cream from the Monistat and 1 suppository so i used them, but 2 days later i have that white clumpy discharge again.

So i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to mine, and what did you do about your persistent yeast infection? Do you think i should go to the doctor again? Is there any specific medication you think i should ask him about? Or should i just try the Monistat again?
HowComeCook joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 23
mike3454 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 17
kara902 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 17