Cardiac Rehabilitation Community
Bypass gone wrong
About This Community:

Cardiac Rehabilitation (Rehab) is a medically supervised program that helps improve heart function for people who have heart disease, have suffered a heart attack or have certain heart disorders.. Rehab programs include monitored exercise training, education on heart healthy living, and counseling to reduce stress and help you return to an active life. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cardiac Rehabilitation patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: tracking success, diet-nutrition tips; family issues, research, recovering from surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bypass gone wrong

My question is that my father was 79 years old and had a bypass surgery on his left main artery.Afterwards he aspirated on apple juice and developed pneumonia and was on the ventilator for 3 months after which he eventually passed away.He also developed A-Fib which the doctors were trying to control with medications.He had diabetes and was being fed through a tube.A few times they managed to wean him of the ventilator but never for long and he would go back on it.During his last days he also had a yeast infection in his blood and C-Dif an infection in his intestines.But the Doctors kept on giving us hope and told him to take him into Rehab for Sub Acute patients.Why did the Doctors give us hope and when we did take him into Rehab he passed away in a week.What Happenend we still dont know and Doctors refuse to give us answers.Help