Cardiac Rehabilitation Community
CHF End Stage

Cardiac Rehabilitation (Rehab) is a medically supervised program that helps improve heart function for people who have heart disease, have suffered a heart attack or have certain heart disorders.. Rehab programs include monitored exercise training, education on heart healthy living, and counseling to reduce stress and help you return to an active life. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cardiac Rehabilitation patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: tracking success, diet-nutrition tips; family issues, research, recovering from surgery.

CHF End Stage

I'm turning 48 years old next month and have been suffering from Congestive Heart Failure for the last 12 years of my life.  My Ejection Fracture is between 25%-35%.  I am on my second pacemaker ICD Defib. and due for a new one within the next 6-8 months. My symptoms lately have been of weight loss, low appetite. extreme tiredness and  aches and pains (particularly the lower back). Are the symptoms of the last stages of CHF?  What is my projected longevity estimated at this point?  Any suggestions, comments or candid remarks are welcomed.  Thank you.
So sorry to hear of your condition. I wish we could give you the answers you are looking for but we are not doctors and this question really needs to be asked to a medical professional. Remember that your symptoms can come and go. A sudden onset of weight loss or fatigue can be the result of so many other issues which you are more likely to get due to your condition. I would not consider them tied to your CHF as long as your EF% is near the 30% number.

Good luck,

Jon