Cardiac Rehabilitation Community
Failed Stent/Malfunctioned

Cardiac Rehabilitation (Rehab) is a medically supervised program that helps improve heart function for people who have heart disease, have suffered a heart attack or have certain heart disorders.. Rehab programs include monitored exercise training, education on heart healthy living, and counseling to reduce stress and help you return to an active life. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cardiac Rehabilitation patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: tracking success, diet-nutrition tips; family issues, research, recovering from surgery.

Failed Stent/Malfunctioned

Hi, has anybody out there had a stent fail and your cardiologist tell you that it malfunctioned?? He was very apologetic and states that it was reported to the manufacture. I then had to have emergency open-heart to "just" retrieve the stent~the stent perforated the small artery and it was unable to be fixed, by-passed or grafted. My heart attack was caused by a blood clot that had resolved and I'm not really sure if I needed to even have the by-pass done to begin with. I am very frustrated because I'm only 47 yrs old and now I have to be off work for 6-8 wks.
Tags: stents
Wow, what a terrible situation, I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I have heard of this happening, but it is a very small risk. Unfortunately the numbers mean nothing of you're the 1 in 10,000.

Have you seen another cardiologist for a second opinion?