Cardiac Rehabilitation Community
How can this happen?

Cardiac Rehabilitation (Rehab) is a medically supervised program that helps improve heart function for people who have heart disease, have suffered a heart attack or have certain heart disorders.. Rehab programs include monitored exercise training, education on heart healthy living, and counseling to reduce stress and help you return to an active life. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cardiac Rehabilitation patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: tracking success, diet-nutrition tips; family issues, research, recovering from surgery.

How can this happen?

I am 51 year old male. on December 23,2008 I was having chest pain and rushed by ambulance to the hospital where after test I was told that I had experianced 3 heart attacks. I was told that my 3 main arteries was so clogged that stents would not be an option, and that I had to have open heart triple bypass sugery. I had the surgery on December 29,2008. It seemed that everything was going well!  I went to cardiac rehab ( they even did a stress test to see if my heart would be strong enough to endure the rehab. The stress test came out good and I started my rehab.) Even during the rehab everything went very well, I felt great and it seemed as though everything was going excellent. Than on 03/27/09 I had a fouth heart attack! After another angiogram was done they said that ALL THREE OF THE BYPASSES WAS 100% CLOGGED and now I needed several stents put in. I am lost and totally confused. Have you ever heard of ALL THREE OF THE BYPASSES BEING 100% CLOGGED AFTER ONLY 3 MONTHS AFTER THE SURGERY? And also why wouldn't they do the stents on me first before they did the triple bypass?  Please help I need some answers
Tags: cardiac
Sometimes the bypasses do not heal and disappear.  I am wondering if that it what happened to you.  It seems unreal for the bypasses to become 100% blocked in only a few months.  Were you taking Plavix or another blood thinner?  Were you taking a statin for cholesterol?  Ask your doctors if what is plugged is the new bypasses or if the bypasses disappeared because they did not heal in.  If the arteries are 100% blocked there may be more risk involved with the stent placement.  Make sure to ask your doctor what the risk factor is for the stents.  
i was shock to read that you are having 3 heart attacks!
my cardio said that their problem with their patients is that after having a open heart surgery they eats food with lots of fats! like beef. maybe you are eating foods that are not good for you. you should take a blood thinner.