Cardiac Rehabilitation Community
How much can I exercise after possible heart attack

Cardiac Rehabilitation (Rehab) is a medically supervised program that helps improve heart function for people who have heart disease, have suffered a heart attack or have certain heart disorders.. Rehab programs include monitored exercise training, education on heart healthy living, and counseling to reduce stress and help you return to an active life. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cardiac Rehabilitation patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: tracking success, diet-nutrition tips; family issues, research, recovering from surgery.

Jan2 I was taken to E.R. The end result is troponin levels at 33 but normal ekg, echocardiogram and heart cath. MRI shows possible scar tissue. I was put on precautionary beta blocker, statin (even though good cholesterol) and aspirin regimen. I am a runner (marathon in 10/2011) and feel fine doing run/walk intervals of at least 5 miles but Dr said I should do no more than 1-2 unless the second read of MRI shows all is clear. The puzzle in this picture is the elevated troponin levels. I was only in hosptial for 1 night and have continued all other normal activies. Should I get another opinion for rehab? I would like to run my next half marathon the end of March.
Why was you taken to ER?  chest pain?
Yes, I had chest and jaw pain. The ekg was normal but my heart enzymes shot up. They think it may have been a spasm of artery because echo and heart cath showed no blockage and heart performing normally.