Anyone else with MVD and pericarditis?
I am a 47 year old pediatrician and it has taken 7 months to get a diagnosis. I have a positive stress test (2mm ST depression at 3 minutes of walking) and negative angio and Adenosine MRI/WISE study. Part of what is throwing us all off is I can't lean forward or back more than 15 degrees without chest pain. The only exception is I can lie flat on my stomach. I had a pericardial rub heart murmur and a cool EKG with no T waves for a while. So I clinically have pericarditis as well as meeting MVD criteria. I can't find anything about this in the literature so I thought this would be a good place to ask. Does anyone else have chest pain in certain positions?

Also when you say short of breath do you mean so dynspic you are hypocarbic (light headed)? When things are flaring up I have shortness of breath at rest otherwise it is just with walking or stress. I am trying to figure out if it is related to MVD or pericarditis.

Does anyone else have chest pain from cold? I have Raynaud's (cold triggered vascular spasms in the fingers) so they think the MVD is related to an autoimmune cause. Just opening the freezer in the grocery store triggers symptoms.

One tip I have learned. Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) has a category 4.04 A1 Ischemic heart disease that may apply for some MVD cases that have at least 1mm ST changes (ischemia) on stress test. The change has to happen in the first 5 minutes and persist one minute into recovery. It should strengthen the case of anyone needing clinical evidence of disability who meets these criteria. I am on my last appeal for private disability. SO stressful!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Shasari added the Exercise Tracker
Sep 21
Kmulh joined this group
Welcome them!
May 25
Related Tags