Cardiac Syndrome X- cardiac microvascular dysfunction User Group
Help! I'm 21 with month long chest pain and no one to tell me why!...
About This Group:

Vasopastic angina of small heart vessels with normal coronary arteries confirmed by cardiac cath. Main symptoms are shortness of breath and chest tightness or pain on exertion and/or chest pain, not on exertion.

Founded by joanincarolina on October 3, 2009
43 members

Help! I'm 21 with month long chest pain and no one to tell me why!

I'm 21 years old and have never had any problem with my heart or chest. A little over a month ago I woke up feeling as if there were a thousand men standing on my chest making it difficult to breath, and i felt like I was losing circulation in my arms. We went to the doctor and they did an EKG, Xrays, and some blood work. Everything came back fine except my Troponin I levels were slightly elevated at 1.22. My doctor told me that it would be safe to go see a cardiologist to make sure everything is fine. The pain worsened and the cardio told me to update them on that until I was able to go in for my appointment, so they told me to go to the ER. They also did an EKG and some Xrays (which again were all normal) and this time my Troponin I levels were normal. We finally got an appointment for the 19th of September. They performed a Stress Echo Test and those results came back fine as well. They suggested that since it doesn't seem to be my heart that it could have something do to with my Gallbladder. The Doctors have done nothing more and don't seem like they are interested in doing any further testing. The pain is still there today and it's been over a month. It starts in the left side of my chest and pulsates to my arms (sometimes down my right arm and into my right index and middle finger, but no numbness) into my shoulder/back, and up to the left side fo my neck and occasionally the back part of my head. All of the doctors I have seen keep saying, "Well you're 21 and your heart is fine. Here's some more medicine. Come back in 2 weeks." Honestly, I do not want to wait another 2 weeks and then even longer after that. None of the medication they have given me is helping. They have given me anti-inflamatories, anti-biotics, pain killers, and muscle relaxers. I just want a solid answer. I'm desperate.
Tags: 21, Chest, Pain, scared
Shasari joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 16
Heartenough joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 11
Eveningsun joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 29