Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Expert Forum
Do I need meds for Mitral Valve Regurgitation
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Do I need meds for Mitral Valve Regurgitation

I was rushed to the hospital due to heart palpataions and after my Echo, I was told that I have Thickening of the MItral Valve leaflets with mild regurgitation.  My heart rate is at rest is always around 100 -120.  I have been feeling dizzy (sometimes but not with exercise...just laying down or siting at my job) and very tired all the time.  I have a pain in the left side of my neck where the cartiroid is and it's not sharp or anything but it feels strained.  Should I get a second opinion and/or be on medication.  I'm to scared to workout and I love to run but the last time I did and I checked my heart rate...the treadmill wouldn't give a pulse...it said to stop running.