Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Expert Forum
Recovery from Heart Stents
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Recovery from Heart Stents

My husband had 2 stents put in a few days ago. I had to have a friend pick him up the day he was released. So I did not get to talk to the Doctor. Was hoping you could help me with info on his recovery. He had a quadruple bypass in July 2000. He had a heart attack June 22, 2008. On June 25, 2008 they did a catherdar in the arm and had to put 2 stents in his main artery. They said 1 of the bypass' had colapsed but were not concerned because the other 3 were in great condition. He said he was told not to lift anything with the left arm (where they went thru), BUT he doesn't know for how long. He says they said no motorcycle riding for 2 weeks (he rides a Harley). Basically I just needed to see how long he shouldn't lift anything, ride his motorcycle, and what about walking (he usually doesn't walk, but had been working as a cabinet builder about 6-7hrs/day 3-5days/wk). Born Oct 16, 1941 (66yo). 5'-9" about 260lbs. Thank You!